Sunday 7 December 2014

WELCOMETO THE 2nd ANNUAL BEAD HOARDERS BLOG HOP!

I am just a little late posting the things I have made from my stash, as everything has been crazy round here with the exhibition and Lara's first book published, so here goes.

First up I have been learning Kumhimo, I started it in bed when I had to take bed rest for a couple of hours in the afternoons a couple of months ago with ruptured ligaments in one of my knees, I decided to learn something new and started Kumihimo.

A friend of mine is allergic to metals so I thought Kumihimo would be great to solve that problem. But when it came to finishing pieces I hated the ends you can buy so decided to make my own, you can see the result below. I used some lovely smooth pebbles of Prehnite I bought years ago but hadn't used just hoarded!


I thought I would like to make a necklace with beads so designed this one with seed beads, the pearls I have been hoarding as I can't seem to find any nice lavender pearls these days  so have been saving them for something, anyway I used some of them in this necklace.


Now for something completely different I had some pink Tourmaline pencils, no idea why I bought them years ago but they were so sweet so I just kept them, truth be told I had no idea what I wanted to do with them, Looking through for things to make for this blog hop I decided some gorgeous white stick pearls might be the very thing to go with my Tourmaline, finished off with a sterling silver chain so here is my last offering, hope you like it.


 ~Jackie~

Here is the list for the blog hop, Thank you Lori Anderson for making this possible
Lori AndersonPrettyThings  (Hostess)

Audrey Belanger
Toki No Hourosha
Jenny KyrlachWonder and Whimsy
Kathy LindemerBay Moon Design
Lori SchneiderBead Addict
Dee ElgieCherry Obsidia
Dolores RamlCraftyD's Creations
Rebecca EdnieEclectic Endeavors
Lili Kristhttp://emjestudio.blogspot.com/
Marybeth Richhttp://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/
Hannah Rosner
Good River Valley
Nicole Princehttp://healingbeading.blogspot.com/
Deana Hagerhttp://justdeesarts.blogspot.com/
Jackie Ryanhttp://kydojewellery.blogspot.co.uk/
Elsie Deliz-Fonsecahttp://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Mowse Doylehttp://mowsemadethis.blogspot.com/
Evelyn Shelbyhttp://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Lisa Johnsonhttp://spudandmrsbutters.blogspot.com/
Terri Gauthierhttp://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Patti Pruhshttp://threebeadsandastring.blogspot.com
Shai Williams
Shaiha's Ramblings
Andrea GlickZenith Jade
K Hutchinsonhttps://jumbledhutch.wordpress.com
Marci BrooksThat Nothing Be Wasted
Jo-Ann WoolvertonIt's a Beadiful Creation
Jasvanti PatelJewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Laurie VyselaarLefthandjewelry.wordpress.com
Lisa KnappenbergerLIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindell
marylindell.com
Niky SayersSilver Nik Nats
Sandra McGriffskyescreativechaos.blogspot.com
Patricia Handschuhthecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Erin Prais-Hintztreasures-found.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrowwillowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breedingwww.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Monique UrquhartA Half-Baked Notion
Jackie Locantore
www.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog/MorningStar
Sheryl StephensThe Babbling Beader
Becky PancakeBecky Pancake Bead Designs
Mona ArnottBijoux Gems of Joy
Michelle EscanoCabby Craft
Denise McCabeCabewoman
Carolyn Lawson
www.carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
Sheila Prosewww.catswithbeads.blogspot.com
Kim Dworakwww.cianciblue.blogspot.com
Iveth Carusowww.CreativeAtelier.net/blog
Deborah Apodacawww.deborahapodacadesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Bunnwww.elizabethbeads.blogspot.com
Janine Lucaswww.esfera.me/travel/blog/travel-stories
Kari Asbury
Hippie Chick Design
Inge von RoosInge's Blog
Divya Nwww.jewelsofsayuri.com
Debbie Rasmussenwww.kepirasmussen.blogspot.com
KJwww.kjsbeadaciousbeads.blogspot.com/
Klaudete Koonwww.klaudetekoon.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erpwww.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishopwww.lilmummylikes.blogspot.com
Kelly Schermerhorn
www.meanderingwithkelly.blogspot.com
Mischelle Andradewww.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com 
Sue KellyMid-Life Greater Expectations
Rachel MallisMint Monarch
Susan McClellandwww.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGrawMK's Creative Musings
Tania SpiveyMoobie Grace Designs
Stephanie PerryMustard Seed by Stephanie Perry
Mitzie Criderwww.NeedfulLuxuries.Blogspot.com
Nicole RennellWww.nicolerennell.com/blog
Nicole Valentinewww.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchellwww.overthemoon-design.com
Tammy Adamswww.paisleylizard.com/blog/
Patty Miller
www.pattymillerbeads.blogspot.com
Blanca MedinaMediBeads
Stephanie Hausslerwww.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendozawww.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Claire Fabianwww.saraccino.blogspot.com
Bridget Torreswww.shears58.net
Donetta Farringtonwww.simplygorgeous-donetta.blogspot.com
Lee Koopmanwww.stregajewellry.wordpress.com
Deb Fortinwww.studiok24.blogspot.ca
Susan WallsWww.susansartcircus.com/blog
Cece Cormier
The Beading Yogini
Heather Ottowww.thecrafthopper.com
Lizzie Clarkewww.theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Elizabeth Hodgeswww.thewhisperingseas.blogspot.com
Fay Wolfendenwww.torchfairy.blogspot.com
Kelly Hosford Pattersonwww.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan SmithNanmade Jewelry
Jayne Cappswwww.mamasgototdoodle.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                          http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                      https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/
Regina Wood                                                  Gina's Designs


14 comments:

Unknown said...

You've made some really lovely pieces! They are all beautiful and different. I especially love the pink tourmaline.

Maria Rosa Sharrow said...

Very pretty. The first with the calla lilies is beautiful. I also love the pearl necklace and how can you go wrong with the purple necklace.
Fantastic job on all! so very different in style.

kathyinozarks said...

Happy Sunday, your jewelry is so lovely I can't choose a favorite-love them all

Janine Lucas (Esfera Jewelry) said...

Fantastic job. I particularly like the first necklace. So creative.

Shai Williams said...

Gorgeous designs Jackie! I really love that second necklace even though I tend to avoid pastels for some reason.

Unknown said...

I really love the kumihimo colours you used in the first 2 necklaces but my favorite is the last one with the pearls and pink tourmaline. I usually don't like pale pink but this necklace really appeals to me. Well done.

Lorraine said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Mimi said...

You used beautiful beads and created lovely necklaces.

Kepi said...

Oh pretty pretty pretty, love them all. Those calla lily flowers are so cute.

Dolores Raml said...

Beautiful pieces, especially the lavender necklace.

KJ said...

Congratulations on picking up a new skill- kumihimo. It turned out wonderfully and I am sure your friend will be thrilled.

All the pieces turned out beautifully, I am especially fond tourmaline and pencil necklace.

Well done.

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Jackie, The calla lily ends are wonderful. I have made my own ends for kumihimo too but they were not as nice as yours. The tourmaline and pearl necklace is lovely too.Great job using your hoard.

Lori Anderson said...

I love your clay work and the kumihimo is terrific with it! Your always make such elegant things!

Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/

Plus, join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

Unknown said...

These designs are really lovely!!! I think the Calla lily design is inspired and wonderful!!! Have a Blessed Day!