Friday 24 October 2014

ORIENTAL INSPIRATION!

Perhaps this is a slight deviation from my organic trend in this necklace or maybe its not really.

The beautiful old Chinese pendant was the inspiration, I have been wanting to use it for quite a while, I love the colours green and lavender its so fresh! I believe it is Jade and depicts two fish with a water lily and lily pads, or should I say Lotus flower anyway it is lovely and unusual. The beads I chose are smooth amethyst a bit organic and its finished with a hand dyed silk ribbon of exactly the right colour there is a little sterling silver S clasp under the ribbon so you don't need to undo the ribbon to fasten it! 

It is not easy to get a sharp close up picture of the focal but I have put one up anyway. 

I am offering it here to my blog readers first then it will go on the web site and Facebook next week.






Thank you your comments are really appreciated
~Jackie~

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

A lovely piece Jackie - the colours are beautiful. The ribbon is another lovely element of the design.

Shai Williams said...

This necklace is beautiful! The ribbon adds just the perfect touch.

kathyinozarks said...

just beautiful

Unknown said...

Great colors!