Wednesday 4 September 2013

I PASSED..!!!

I have not been writing my blog as my computer went down never to rise again...!!!  I have managed to afford a new one but of course everything has changed in the ten years my dear old computer lasted, so I am getting to grips with things being in a different place or no longer available, can't find this or that but I really wanted to get back to writing my blog again, so here I am, if there is anyone out there reading me or have you all given up! I wouldn't blame you a bit, anyway if you are reading this I decided I would write a little bit about my interest in Tai Chi.

I have been studying Tai Chi for a few years now and really love it. Last month I passed my assessment to become an instructor, I am so thrilled that I have achieved this with study and hard work, in fact I haven't got my certificate yet, it takes a while to come through I have been told.

I have been working on a new collection of Tai Chi pendants my instructor wanted me to make some so I have made a few prototypes I am calling them Impressions of Tai Chi they are hand painted Polymer and I am working on some at the moment, I have tried to get some movement and flow into these tiny figures although I have found miniature paintings quite tricky to do, as my paintings are usually a good bit bigger! I have added something to the back of each pendant as well. I have put one below so you can see the back and front.


 
Thank you for taking the time to visit.
~Jackie~

2 comments:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Congrats on your certification, Jackie! I expect painting those tiny figures is quite challenging, but anyone having a little familiarity with the discipline is sure to recognize the movements represented. Isn't it great to have your creativity expanded by all manner of interests?

Anonymous said...

Love them and well done on passing :) xx