Saturday 11 August 2012

MY BLOG SOUP REVEAL TODAY!

Today is the day I can show you all that I made with the soup I was sent by my partner Jó Giorgia Rossini who comes from Italy.
I decided to see how many pieces of jewellery I could make from this soup useing just a few bits from my own stash, I ended up with eight WOW I just kept seeing more things I could use to make pendants, earrings etc.

To start with I took the clasp Jó sent me which has a piece of picture Jasper in a bezel it was a three strand clasp which did not suit what I had intended to make, an asymetrical necklace, useing a strand of Crazy Lace Agate from my stash the colour went so well! I had to use strand reducers again from my stash and blackberry beads ( my name for them ) Jó had sent some light green open work ceramic beads which I felt went just right to add a splash of colour and a sweet little butterfly, the necklace reminds me of the sandy burrows near us which sweep down to the sea it is a nature reserve, full of orchids and other flora in season and many wild creatures live there.
The second thing I made was a bracelet, there were some interesting red beads which I picked out and other smaller beads in more neutral colours also a couple of large gold colour beads and a gold leaf, the lobster clasp I added so that was my bracelet!

A large greenish bead was next I took some silver colour wire and just went a bit loopy I embellished it with some little circles of green Mother of Pearl and a peach colour star, now its all ready for a chain or cord


The open copper heart was next! Among the things Jó sent were a pair of pretty brass hearts I added some chain and a copper freshwater pearl heart from my stash and ended up with this sweet Chained Hearts pendant

Next came a pair of earrings these glass beads reminded me of toffee whirls I used to get given as a child so I had to use them as earrings, I think they are fun!
                                                                     

Another necklace was a must from Jó's pretty green beads, I added the gold spacers and most of a strand of raspberry pearls and the clasp a rope wrapped S hook, the raspberry pearls match the little pink spots/flowers on the three long green beads, I think it turned out rather pretty!
                                                                 
Nearly there now only two more to go, the next thing I used was an unusual filigree Jó had sent me I call it Bambi, looking at the picture you will see why! So I got out my clay and voilá, I think it worked quite well.
                                                                        I thought I was finished until I spied this piece of stripy Agate? Well I had to use it, there was a red glass bead left with a flower on it and one red drop so I reached for the wire and made a little pendant, I think I will just hang it from some lovely silk sari cord doubled up and knotted.
If you like any of these items please get in touch as I will be selling them, there will also be a surprise giveaway or maybe more.  If you would like to follow my blog it will all be revealed on the 25th August....!!!

Please go here to visit all the other participans in the 11th August Blog Soup Reveal

56 comments:

Kumi Fisher said...

Lovely work!

Green Shoot Jewellery Designs said...

You made some beautiful pieces with your soup!
Deb x

Giorgia Rossini said...

wow, 8 pieces!!
I'm so happy you liked so much my soup, you had a lot of inspiration :)
I love the first necklace, and the way you use Bambi :)
it was really a pleasure to be your partner in this great adventure!! keep in touch ;)
ciao dall'Italia

bailaora said...

My favourite is the first necklace, i like asymertic designs very much!Regards from Poland, Dorota

m.e. said...

Every design is lovely !
Delicious soup !
m.e. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that is a lot of work. I really like the Bambi piece.

Unknown said...

Such lovely blends of colours and sizes.Love and Hugs Tanya

Amy's said...

Lovely pieces.I love the necklace specially

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Wow - what a lot of wonderful pieces from all your soup goodies! Wonderfully, fantastic designs all of them!

CraftyHope said...

What really nice pieces you created with your soup ingredients. And, so many of them as well!! Well done :)

Pretty Things said...

You did a wonderful job with all those beads! I hope you had a good time, and will come again in Jan/Feb!!!!!

Islandgirl said...

Lovely pieces... lathough I think I like the first necklace the best!

Francy said...

Bambi is adorable! Beautiful soup you received and the designs you made with it are lovely.

Lola said...

I love the design and color combination of that first necklace. Although all of your pieces are lovely, there's just something about that necklace that I really like. Beautiful!

Sandra said...

lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you got so many pieces from that soup! Love all the pieces, especially the first one :)

Shai Williams said...

Lovely work! I just love the first necklace!

Ema Kilroy said...

I am loving Bambi!!! All the pieces are beautiful but Bambi calls out to me. Nicely done.

adlinah said...

Wow, you got so much mileage out of your bead soup - I'm impressed! Such pretty designs too, and I love what you did with the Bambi filigree and clay. Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Such lovely works ^_^

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Are fantastic pieces !Congrats!

elisabeth said...

Wonderful pieces - great job!

Andrea said...

So many nice designs. Good Work!

SwallowtailJewellery said...

Very pretty creations! Great bead soup!

The ATELIER Handmade said...

Very pretty! This soup had great colors:)

Anonymous said...

I think the clay backing works really well for Bambi. I also love the green and pink colour combination you have used.

Regina said...

Some pretty pieces, Bambi is cute. You did a great job with all your beads.

Kris Lanae Binsfeld said...

Wow, you created a lot of great designs with your soup! Fun variety!!
:-) Great hopping with you!
Kris

Unknown said...

Very pretty pieces. Bambi is so cute! Nice job.

A Polymer Penchant said...

Awesome job on creating so much from your soup. Those strand reducers are stylish and I could totally eat the earrings :) and Babi looks right at home!

Lilyweeds at Augusta Kent Studio said...

everything you made is so lovely. I thought the star pendant was sweet. beautiful work! ~diana

Astrid said...

Love your designs and I especially adore that Bambi pendant! You created the perfect background for it.

Jean A. Wells said...

So many lovely pieces. Everything is gorgeous, that clasp is so pretty. Great job!

Kim said...

Beautiful pieces. I love the polymer clay with the bambi piece, it is perfect. Great job.

Becky Pancake said...

Great job on all your pieces.My favorite is the green bead focal with pink pearls. I also really like the polymer clay with Bambi.

Melissa said...

It took me a minute to realize that it wasn't actually a Disney Bambi filigree. LOL. You did such a great job on all of your pieces. Beautifully done!

Melissa Muir
http://design.kcjewelbox.com

Courtney Breul said...

I love, love your first necklace! Stunning piece. You definately received some amazing ingredients and I love that you created so many pieces. Great soup.

april grinaway said...

Wow. You made a lot of jewelry. I love your style. Beautiful pieces.

fireflymyst said...

Love all your pieces! I especially love the necklace with the raspberry pearls and Jo's green focals!

Here Bead Dragons said...

What beautiful items. You are very talented. Love the red bracelet.

~cryssT

Anonymous said...

I love that first necklace and I love how you added polymer clay to your designs.

min said...

you created so many pieces!!! i like your red creations very much.. especially the red drop pendant. the filligree pendant and necklaces are very very interesting too!! great job with all!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Jackie,
Beautiful pieces, my favorite is the first necklace it is gorgeous.
Therese

one-eared pig said...

So pretty! I think I like the red the best!

Heather said...

Bambi is my favorite! Great soup!!

Krafty Max Originals said...

Oh my goodness, they are all wonderful, but I think I like the little bracelet with the 'little leaf' (I think that is what it is) hanging off the side!!! Great creations!!

Anonymous said...

You made some lovely pieces. Those stones do look like toffee don't they ;-)

Jenni said...

I love , love your first necklace, such soft and calming colours and a beautiful focal. But Bambi is so cute!
Great soup.
Jenni

baymoondesign said...

Love Bambi! Great job on all of your pieces.

Bonita Bead said...

Wow, you made a lot of nice pieces. The very first necklace is my favorite. But all are cool. Linda

LoriF said...

Wow, you did great with your soup! I absolutely love that first necklace especially. Nice designing!

Shanti Harvell said...

Beautiful pieces! Luv'd all of them! The bambi piece with clay is a great idea and a stunner. Though really all your pieces are!!!

horimarika said...

I love your jewelry. Especially the toffee :) ... and the hearts... and all the other ones!!!

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Beautiful jewelry! I love love love Bambi :) wonderful jewelry art!

fireflymyst said...

I am still hopping! My favorite is the first necklace! Lovely designs!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Jackie, this is such a varied selection of Bead Soup, and you have treated them to some wonderful designs. Jó certainly spoiled you! I would single out the Bambi for sheer inventiveness (not to mention reminiscence of my childhood). It is amazing what our creativity can accomplish when others pick for us!

I am very late commenting, but thought I would add my two cents as I was at your blog anyway.