Sunday 1 July 2012

NECKLACE INSPIRED BY LA PERIGRINA


The necklace I am showing today has no clay in it and is from the other side of my jewellery designing. It was created earlier this year inspired by Elizabeth Taylor's jewellery that was auctioned at the end of last year, more precisely that wonderful pearl drop La Perigrina given to her by Richard Burton on Valentines day 1969. It is said the pearl was discovered off the coast of Panama in the 1500's and once belonged to King PhillipII of Spain. I am afraid my pearl does not have such illustrious provenance but it is a beautiful high class AAA pearl. So I thought it aught to hang from a suitable necklace too.

The necklace is strung with three sizes of freshwater pearls, rubies and green onyx as my little emeralds had such tiny holes I couldn't string them! The strands of pearls are seperated by beautiful silver flowers links. The circular centre piece is silver it was hand made by a silversmith and set with three rubies and three emeralds with a freshwater pearl in the centre. The pearl drop which is half drilled hangs below a strand of tiny pearls and rubies it is capped with silver. The clasp is lovely it is pearl and one of only two vintage ones I was able to buy a while back. I found it quite difficult to get a good picture but it is quite beautiful and special much nicer than the photos, as these thing usually are.

It is for sale just contact me if you are interested!

No comments: