Friday 8 July 2011

Wow...!!! I won my catagory.

The results are in at last of a contest I entered and I won my catagory. The talent was amazing so many wonderful pieces in the different catagories the judges had a really hard time choosing, so I feel very honoured to be a winner.
I have always shied away from contests in the past but got persuaded last year to enter one.
I am not a competative person at all, so it is hard for me to do this, so I just imagined I was showing a new piece here on my journal to all you folks and it was a bit easier. Anyway I thought you might like to see the necklace that won.
It was based on a beautiful semi double scarlet Camellia called Grand Prix. The inspiration came about because I had this circular piece of Citrine crystals, it was quite a large round and I had no clue what to do with it, I got it out of the box several times over the months, stared at it and put it away again, then just before the contest started, I got it out yet again and suddenly, I thought, I know what you are, the centre of a flower, a big colourful flower! It had to be either a Clematis or Camellia, as soon as I saw Camellia Grand Prix I knew that was the right flower for this piece and so to the sketch pad and from there to the clay. I strung with white pearls and coral rounds and added a little female humming bird for fun!
Please leave a comment if you would like to I love to read them all.

4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cara Jane said...

it's a stuning piece! congratulations

Islandgirl said...

Lovely flower in the center piece! I checked hardy Camellia's are only hardy to zone 6 and we're zone 5... but the same article said if you can grow large leaved Rhododendrons then you can grow Camellias!

Anyway Congrats! I'm not real keen on contests either!

Mika said...

Congratulations!!! Such a beautiful necklace you've made.