Friday 2 April 2010

Lara's Art







Today I wanted to share with you my daughters art, Lara took a diploma course at the London Art College in Pet Portraiture and received a pass with merit at the end of 2008, needless to say her dad and I were very proud of her and she has had many commissions since, though mostly fantasy art, in fact her fantasy work and cartoons are all over the net lol. So I thought it would be rather nice to showcase some of the non fantasy pictures Lara did to win her diploma.

The horses head I really like as I love horses and used to ride a lot when younger, it was also the first horse she had ever drawn. The Borzoi is not one of ours and I have asked her to do portraits of our Borzois all sadly passed away now, I still miss them, both these portraits are in Derwent coloured pencil her medium of choice.

The third portrait is a rather thoughtful forest Gorilla in Acrylic it was the final piece submitted for her exam.
I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you.






3 comments:

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Your daughter's Art is Fantastic...What a great talent she has...

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Your daughter's art is wonderful. It is no simple task to capture the true inner beauty of our dear animals but she has indeed done this! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend! Coralie

Pretty Things said...

WOW I had absolutely no idea how talented she is! You have to be so proud!!!